Technology all over the world is rapidly becoming a part of people’s households as new and efficient ways of living are introduced in the market. Japan became one of the first countries in the world to incorporate the highest number of smart toilets, which seemed to gain popularity in the Asian region more than any other place in the world.
Although Asian countries were perhaps the first to integrate them into daily use, Australia also began to use them in quick succession because of the incredibly smart and customizable technology that came with them.
Although these are expensive toilets, they have nothing on some of the most expensive toilets in the world such as the International Space Station toilet, the Dagobert Wooden Toilet Throne or even the Hang Fung golden toilet.
Here are Top 3 Expensive Toilets
|Image||Product Details||Price||My Ratings|
|TOTO Neorest 700H||$$$$||9/10|
|TOTO Washlet G400 Integrated Toilet||$$$$||7/10|
As more and more people start to integrate some of the best luxury toilets in the world into their smart homes, new products arise in the market. It is difficult and tiresome to sort through a plethora of products available online, but if you end up choosing the perfect one, the money and time spent on it will be completely and utterly worth it. I will help you decide how to pick the best luxury toilet suited to your needs.
Why Buy a High-End Toilet?
There are many reasons to invest in one of these expensive toilets, especially because the cost is made up for by the amount of efficiency and ease they incorporate into your life.
- Ease of use: Smart toilets are incredibly easy to use, which is why they are suitable for both older people and children. They can also be helpful for people with disabilities.
- Hygiene: Many of these luxury toilet seats do not require a person to touch them to be used, which increases the hygiene factor. Some high-end toilets clean themselves too.
- Water consumption: Most toilets are programmed to use a certain amount of water to flush or clean, which means you are not wasting liters of water. This is environmentally sustainable and reduces your water costs too.
- Health: A lot of people now prefer to use water to clean themselves instead of using luxury toilet paper, which is why these toilets are so good. They even minimize waste.
- Sewage problems: Wet wipes and toilet paper can clog up the sewage systems. This issue can be alleviated if people only use a bidet to clean up. This also decreases wet wipe and toilet paper production, which is better for the environment.
- Space: Most such toilets are compact and can be installed in even the smallest of restrooms without taking up too much space. This is why they are preferable over the regular ceramic or plastic kind.
- Germs: Many toilets come with glazes among other features that protect you from germs. Such features include minimizing waste sticking to the toilets or cleaning with no hands.
- Backed up by research: In a study conducted inside a nursing home, it was found that the risk of urinary tract infections decreased significantly by using smart toilets instead of regular ones. This can also hold true for people prone to diseases like children, pregnant women and people with immune deficiencies and helps prevent the spread of STDs.
- Warmth: You are not going to feel cold if the toilet incorporates heating mechanisms. You can relax on your toilet seat throughout the coldest of winters without having to be scared of a cold ceramic seat.
- Self-cleaning: Most of these toilets will use water to clean themselves. Hence, even if you are a clean freak who would rather do it yourself again, it reduces the time you have to spend on it. If you never want to clean your toilet or use too many chemicals, this would be the perfect choice for you.
- Deodorization: A lot of people use sprays, air fresheners and what not to get the smell out. We are often embarrassed by the smell of waste, especially in the presence of guests. These toilets have deodorizers built into them to prevent odor from becoming a permanent part of your bathroom. They use activated carbon to eliminate the smell.
- Paper towel: This minimizes the need to use paper towels and is better for the environment.
Notable Concerns Regarding Smart Toilets
Before reflecting upon any of the concerns we have mentioned below, answer this question: can you afford to buy one of those expensive toilets which are thought of as luxury toilets in the first place? Such toilets are not something you see people buying every day unless they are suppliers. It is obvious that innovative technology that comes with so many features is not going to be cheap. Hence, if you can bear the cost of buying such toilets, go on ahead and read the entire list.
The choice of toilet depends very much on the kind of bathroom you already have unless you are completely renovating your home and fixing the wiring. The presence of electrical outlets is something you need to consider before ordering or trying to install one of these expensive toilets. If an outlet is easily available next to the space that you are considering installing it in, definitely go for it.
Otherwise, you might have to redo the wiring or place the toilet somewhere else by having to fix the plumbing. Another alternative would be to use extensions throughout the bathroom, but that worsens the aesthetic and makes things more dangerous, especially in a place that might get wet frequently.
The electricity bill is entirely another issue. None of the features on the toilets would work without electricity. Hence, even if you do have appropriate electricity outlets present, the cost might leave something to be desired. If you want the smart toilet to function at all hours and be available to use 24/7, it needs to be plugged in at all times.
Also, take into account where you live. Is this your own house or apartment, or are you renting it? Some property owners might not be too happy with incorporating more technology. In many parts of the world, people are still wary about technology and try to resist it, especially when it comes to something as private and sensitive as a toilet.
Apart from the property owner, also take a look at the age of your house or building. Some houses or buildings are old and might not be able to support the electricity input required for the toilet to function.
You will also have to hire both an electrician and a plumber to install the toilet. This means you will have to beat the costs of buying the toilet, getting it installed by a plumber and electrician and maintaining the product.
Although these toilets can benefit you and are designed for endurance and longevity, they will eventually need repairs. If you can’t find a good technician in your area, rethink your desire to buy a toilet.
Some Common Features of Luxury Toilets
With a difference in variety and model, you will find a ton of different features in luxury toilets ready to be used at the satisfaction of the customer. However, there are some common features that almost all luxury toilets come with. Here are a few I have found:
- Lids: Many of the lids on these high-end toilets are automatic. This means that you do not have to lift them up or even touch them. This contributes to hygiene and allows elderly people to use toilets without straining their backs to bend over and lift the lid.
- Spray levels: Most products in the market allow you to experiment and configure with the spray pressure that you like. They also let you adjust the water temperature, giving you much more customizability and comfort.
- Seat warmth: These high-end toilets also come with luxury toilet seats which are warmed before used. This is beneficial especially in areas with low temperatures.
- Light adjustment: A lot of these expensive toilets let you adjust the light to set the ambiance according to your mood. Some even offer nightlights so that you do not have to be blinded by leaving the dark and bathroom into the harsh light.
This is one of the most luxurious and high-end toilets available on the market right now. It’s cotton white color allows it to mix in with the ambiance and environment of your home’s restrooms. It is one of the most advanced smart products and is also ecologically sustainable. It only uses about 0.8 to 1 gallon of water per flush.
It is Toto’s motto to raise people’s quality of life and bring as much ease as possible into our lives by making them more hygienic. Its 700H features only add to its demand. It also uses universal height to ensure that people of all ages and sizes can comfortably use the toilet.
The Toto MS992CUMFG#01 is made to provide the optimum user experience. You will find that it is designed for durability and endurance by using some of the highest-quality materials and smart construction.
It is designed with the environment in mind, which is why it uses only 1 gallon of water per flush. It has several bidet features and helps people who use it, especially disabled people, to regain control of their lives. It takes the monotony out of the bathroom experience by enriching it through these features.
The toilet has a self-cleaning wand that uses the tornado flush to ensure the bowl gets a thorough cleaning because of its double nozzle, which is further made efficient by the rim design. It uses a CeFiONtect glaze and doesn’t allow the existence of gaps that are microscopic in nature to collect waste inside of them.
Further adding to the hygienic experience, the EWATER+ technology uses electrolyzed water, misting both the wand and bowl. This ensures that you do not have to use a plethora of chemicals, which would otherwise add to the bathroom’s odor to keep your toilet clean.
It also features a remote control that can be installed on the wall. This ensures you never have to search for or lose a remote because it remains in reach. The remote helps users customize the toilet settings according to their preferences.
Another great feature is the use of images instead of just instructions, which allow the experience to become comprehensive and easy to understand in nature.
- There is a built-in system for flushing as well as opening and closing the lid.
- The high-end toilet incorporates a nightlight which helps users see in the dark.
- The seat is pre-warmed.
- The toilet deodorizes the air to maintain the atmosphere and ambiance of the bathroom.
- An air dryer is also a part of the toilet.
- The temperature and pressure of the water can be adjusted accordingly.
- The system incorporates the cyclone flushing system through siphon jets.
- The water spray is gentle and not harsh.
- The spray offers pulsating and oscillating features.
Kohler K-5401-0 Veil Skirted Dual Flush Toilet
This is yet another luxury toilet that buyers consider when investing in a high-end expensive toilet for their homes. It has an incredibly minimalist design which is perfect for those who prefer their home to appear without clutter, even in restrooms. The toilet is also balanced very well with easy-to-use features.
Compared to the one above, it uses about 0.8 to 1.2 gallons of water per flush. However, it also has a certification from Watersense.
This high-end toilet comes with incredibly smart features. For instance, it prevents the wastage of water with the help of its dual flush technology. Flushing toilets only once wastes a lot of water for any type of human waste, but this Kohler product provides users the ability to flush fully or partially.
The lid also opens and closes on its own by sensing motion. This makes it easier to use for children and senior citizens alike.
The integrated cleaning system ensures that the toilet is clean and maintains its top-notch standards of hygiene.
One other feature that sets the Kohler apart from other expensive toilets is the night light. There are several benefits to this. Firstly, you no longer have to go stumbling in the dark, bumping into things and hurting yourself, because of the soft glow emanating from the Kohler toilet. The glow allows you to see where you are going. Furthermore, you don’t have to turn on the glaring lights above when coming out of the dark, which saves your eyes from being hurt.
- It does not have a tank that saves water and reduces cost by directly using water from the supply for a full or partial flush.
- The bowl serves as the illuminating factor through LED lights.
- The shape of the spray is adjustable and with oscillating and pulsating features.
- The automatic lid closes without making any sounds.
- It also has an air-drying function with warm air.
- It deodorizes the bathroom and takes care of any odors, thus taking away the need to use sprays.
- It comes with components like a power cord, supply stop valve, toilet seat, LCD remote and supply hose.
- The LCD remote control has a touchscreen.
TOTO Washlet G400 Integrated Toilet
A great high-end toilet for those who can afford to buy expensive toilets, the Toto MS920CEMFG#01 Washlet G400 Integrated Toilet is one of the best products that you will find in the smart toilet range. It is thought to be worth every penny. Not only is this toilet incredibly popular for good reason, but it is also ecofriendly and minimizes waste through its smart technology.
Some people might feel intimidated by the number of features that this luxury toilet has, but once they get used to having this smart toilet, they will love it.
One great thing about Toto products is that they use a system for universal height. Recognizing the variations that occur in height, they have features that allow for common use. The universal height system allows people of all shapes and sizes to easily use the toilet, hence fulfilling the purpose of having a good expensive toilet on hand.
The toilet features a PreMist spray which wets the surface of the bowl when you approach it to begin using it. The lid also opens without you having to touch it.
Toto uses CeFiONtect technology. This means there is a glaze that covers the surface of the bowl or simply a ceramic glaze that does not permit waste to stick to the bowl. This makes the cleaning process even easier.
The PreMist spray and CeFiONtect used together to provide for a clean, hygienic and modern experience of using toilets. This is efficient by virtue of the fact that these technologies save your time and energy as well as precious resources like water.
It has also received certification from Watersense and is ADA compliant, which means that its efficiency saves water.
The process to clean yourself is not just through but also gentle. The toilet features a wand that sprays water and gives you complete control of the temperature and pressure. It allows you to switch between front and rear cleanse (as well as a softer rear cleanse). You can even switch between pulsating and oscillating cleanses.
Toto sets this toilet further apart from other expensive toilets by a memory feature, which allows the toilet to remember your preferences and use them in the future. Furthermore, the air dryer allows you to pick between five different temperatures.
- The lid opens and closes on its own.
- The PreMist wet surfacing technology is more efficient than dry bowls and gives a pleasant experience.
- The cleaning function cleans the toilet as well as the cleaning wand.
- The luxury toilet seat is specifically configured to provide maximum comfort.
- The seat is heated to ensure your skin does not retain a cold shock and switches between 82°F and 97 °F.
- The toilet has an automated flushing system that flushes when you get up.
- It has a 3D Tornado Flush feature, which creates a centrifugal cleansing action by using 3 nozzles.
- It has a skirted design to maintain efficiency and comfort.
- The toilet uses an auto energy saver to reduce costs incurred.
- The seat sensor can tell when you are on it and off it.
- The position of the wand can be adjusted easily.
There are a variety of choices to pick from when it comes to making your home smart. The choices given above are all efficient luxury toilets that provide unique features for the user to benefit from. These features can differ from company to company. If you decided to make your home smarter and more accessible, these are some of the best products you can choose from for your bathroom.
I believe that people don’t pay enough attention to what their bathrooms look like or feel like. If your entire house is using smart systems which save your time and energy, why should you compromise on an integral part of your day that cannot be avoided at any cost?
All of the products mentioned above are aimed at making your life better. Many of the toilets presented above also bring universality to the table. Companies recognize the diversity in people and the difference in their needs, which is why they have offered so many customizable settings to choose from.
If you can afford to buy or invest in any of these products, do not compromise on such a crucial part of your daily life and make your toilet experience as relaxing, hygienic and easy as possible.
It seems that switching to modern solutions in this modern age is inevitable anyway, so the sooner, the better. I hope I have done my part in helping you choose, but remember that the choice ultimately rests on you. Rely on your instincts and see which toilet fits your needs and home the best.