Having installed my fair share of toilets, I thought I should do a proper review of the one piece that stands out to me: the Kohler Santa Rosa. This toilet comes in white, which is the standard color for toilets, and it has the standard left-hand trip for flushing. The manufacturer incorporates both the tank and the bowl in the same piece to make installation a breeze.
- This product measures L27-3/4″, H 28-3/16″, and W 18-3/4″ and weighs 100lbs
- It has the standard left-hand trip lever and only available in white.
- Holding capacity is 1.28 gallons per flush.
- It has a chair-height elongated seat for comfortable sitting.
- It has the tank and bowl incorporated in the seat piece for easy installation.
- The seat and lid are included in the package.
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty.
A Detailed Kohler Santa Rosa Review
While this toilet set is a looker, it is an even better performer with its water-saving technology. It meets EPA flushing guidelines by using 20% less water than your standard toilet and it does all this without compromising performance. It also meets water-saving requirements for CALGreen and you could qualify for rebates depending on our location – all information on rebates is on the product guide.
As a plumber, I prefer products that contain all I need for installation in the box so I don’t have to buy parts separately and risk compatibility. This box contains almost everything you need including a wax ring, the floor hardware, the wash ring, and bolts. I especially like the technology featured on the Grip-Tight Cachet® Q3 toilet seat which makes it slam-free and easy to clean. I had an easy time installing it since the flap remains intact the whole time while one is working.
Some people complain that the price is a bit steep and that the warranty could be extended, but I look at the value that comes with a purchase. For the years I have been installing these units, I haven’t met a client (okay, maybe two) who has needed to replace parts or claim their warranties in years. So, yes, Kohler Santa Rosa is expensive, but it is good value for money.
- The seat is comfortable since it is standard chair height.
- The advanced flush technology saves you half the amount of water you would typically use.
- It’s one-piece. The tank and bowl are beautifully integrated making it easy to install and clean too.
- Its standard 12-in Rough-In Size is a one-size fits all kind of situation. When installing, you will not have to make any special alterations in your space to fit this piece.
- It’s esthetically pleasing.
- Because of its extremely low water usage, it makes a gurgle gulp noise whenever you flush, mostly as the plunger works its magic.
- Some complain about water running periodically and the tank not filling to capacity, but the manufacturer is always quick to respond.
If I could change anything…
If I could change one thing, it would be the flush lever. I find buttons better for esthetics and also longer-lasting as they are not subjected to the constant movement that comes with a lever. Otherwise, this piece is great value for money. Find out more Best Toilets available in the market.